Friday, October 1, 2010

A new development

At my last annual physical, my tests showed somewhat elevated triglycerides. Dr. Primary recommended I treat it with Omega-3 fish oil and return for a follow-up in six months. I had the follow-up on Wednesday. Dr. Primary reports that my triglycerides are even higher. He asked me to discontinue Omega-3 fish oil and prescribed Tricor, a treatment for elevated triglycerides.

A search of the internet shows that elevated triglycerides, lymphoma and chemotherapy are often linked.

I think my cardiologist knew something was happening; at my last visit, he asked that I provide my blood test results at my next visit. I asked Dr. Primary to send them along to Dr. Cardio along with any observations.

I will discuss this with Dr. Hema when I see him October 5. I shall also moderate my gluttony and, especially, my appetite for greasy, fatty, yummy southern breakfasts!

Yeah, I know, but this time I really mean it.

No comments:

Post a Comment