Tuesday, August 9, 2011

A call from Nurse Kim

I had a follow-up CT scan on Saturday to look at my lungs. I had a scan three months ago and a spot was found on one lung that was attributed to bronchitis. At the last scan, I was suffering from a cold or flu and coughing. The scan on Saturday was intended to make sure that the spot went away with the bronchitis. Dr. Hema ordered a scan of my body from neck to groin. He said that as long as I was filled with contrast dye and lying on the table, why not look at everything, not just my lungs.

Nurse Kim and I just spoke and she said the scan shows no sign of any spot on either lung and no sign of lymphoma. Now, having said that, I don't believe that means that there is absolutely, positively no lymphoma in my body. I believe it means that the resolution of a CT scan is too coarse to show the very tiny amounts of lymphoma I have in my body. I believe I still have some small amount because I have the indicators in my blood test numbers. As small as they may be, they are still not zero.

This is great news and I am still very happy with my progress. I shall continue to follow Dr. Hema's prescription to go forth and enjoy my life to the fullest.

Today's weight: a svelte 179.5. Notice that I don't post it if it's embarrassing!

1 comment:

  1. More good news!!!!

    We're praying it stays that way forever!!!

    Much love,

    Meemaw & Hubby

    ReplyDelete