Wednesday, November 29, 2017

'Tis the season!

This is the season to give and receive gifts with our loved ones. In my opinion, the greatest gift any of us can receive is good health. Maybe not even great health, but good health; good enough to enjoy life with our loved ones, a walk in the park to enjoy the autumn leaves, a sip of wine and a goodnight kiss.

This is the season to be grateful to have my health, but it is also the season to run around to all my various doctors to get updated on my health status. Today I had a visit with Dr. M, my oncologist.

As I had blood tests a week before, the results were known and available to both of us.

His report to me was short and sweet. He said, approximately, "Well, the numbers are about the same. There is no significant change, so we'll see you in four months!"

That is, indeed, good news. "No change" is a report that I love to hear! "No change" means that I will not be changing my schedule to include three weekly visits to chemo. Best of all, "No change" means that I needn't change my plans to visit with friends and family over this holiday season.

I hope all of you will enjoy life to the fullest this season. I know I will!

2 comments:

  1. Awesome! I love hearing news like that!

    I hope you can also plan to travel in April, as Lisa's getting married on the 28th.

    Love to you both!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Meemaw—awesome news! 👍🏻

    ReplyDelete