Thursday, April 29, 2010

Preliminary results are in

Nurse K at Dr. Hema's office just called with my blood test results and they are great! The M-spike reading is 0.3 which she described as normal.

Pardon me, I just have to repeat that again: M-spike is normal. I love the sound of that! M-spike...normal. Normal.

She also said the IgM number is now 359, which is getting close to the normal range of 62 - 263. It has been a high as a sobering 5,000!

M-spike and IgM numbers that are not just high but sky-high are the primary indicators of lymphoplasmacytic lymphoma. To see them recede to normal or, at least near normal, is great news!

As my friend N said, hey, I might just beat this thing!

I still have to meet with Dr. Hema on Monday to discuss not only these results, but also the results of the CT scan. I am no doctor, but I imagine the good news will continue. Of course, I am realistic, there is no known cure for lymphoma. It can be brought to remission, but, if one lives long enough, it always returns. It may return in a year or five years or ten years. It may be brought to remission with a further round of treatments, giving another short or long period of normal life; or it may not. Every case is unique.

I am very happy with the news I have received so far! Thank you all for your well wishes and prayers.

2 comments:

  1. WAHOOOOO!!!!

    Looking forward to all the results! However, we are thrilled with what you have learned so far....

    We love you very much!!!

    Meemaw & Hubby

    ReplyDelete