Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Five down, my first blood test and new symptoms

The first round of every day treatments, out of six rounds, is done. The treatments only took about an hour each, however, the treatment facility is on the farthest, from us, edge of Big City. It is therefor a three hour process to get there, get a treatment and get back. Inevitably, there are other errands to run and so it's really half a day!

I had the first of three weekly blood tests but have not yet seen or heard the result.

I have developed three symptoms. First, I got a scratchy throat. At first, I thought my reduced immune system had admitted a cold or flu, but it doesn't seem to be getting much worse or much better. I hope it is not the flu, especially of the H1N1 variety. I have not run a fever.

Second, I have a funny red rash on my forehead and, to a lesser extent, on my cheeks. My adorable wife has spread on lotions which seem to do little to alleviate the rash. They do feel cooling and I certainly enjoy having her loving care!

Last, I have episodes of indigestion that don't seem to respond to any massive amount of antacids. Fortunately, it only seems to happen after I eat...

These symptoms are a good deal less uncomfortable than the symptoms post-rituxan and so I can and will endure them fairly easily.

I regret that my dear sister P and bro-in-law D have spent some of their visit watching me deteriorate. I felt just fine as they were arriving and never felt that I would suffer any symptoms at all. I suppose that one of the lessons of lymphoma is to expect the unexpected.

3 comments:

  1. I know that your dear sister P and bro-in-law D have enjoyed their visit with you and are willing, as you are, to put up with anything that results in your remission. They will want to visit again.... (threat? haha!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bill

    Tried to sign in here before but apparently I have a SENIOR brain. Hope I did it right this time. Hope you are starting to feel better and that you will be done with all of this soon.
    Take care
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jennifer-

    You made it! I appreciate your well wishes. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete