Thursday, October 29, 2009

Three down...and a zillion to go...

..or so it seems, since the entire regimen goes on for six months.

I have no symptoms post-chemo, so far. I feel just fine. Dr. Hema asked, the other day, if I had run a fever. Truthfully, I never checked, because I never had the slightest reason to suspect a fever. Since then, I have been checking every four hours or so and keeping a log. So far, I have not exceeded 98 degrees.

I am very happy that my health is good; I will greatly enjoy my visit from my sister P and bro-in-law D. She and I were a bit concerned about what my condition might be.

The medication I am being infused with works by destroying B-cells, to which lymphoma cells attach. This has the effect of drastically reducing one's resistance to infection. This is a bit scary in a world fighting swine flu. I am therefor avoiding contact with people. For example, Sylvia had an appointment Tuesday afternoon, after my infusion. I stayed in the car with the radio and a magazine. We are going to lay in a supply of groceries today; I will finish the magazine in the car and smear ourselves with Purel after we get the groceries loaded in the car.

So far, so good!

2 comments:

  1. Glad to hear it is going good this time!!! Keep it up!!! Don & Jan O.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool you're not experiencing side effects so far. Thanks for your kind word about my Dad. Obviously I have personal reasons for wanting to see you kick this thing! SC

    ReplyDelete