Monday, March 15, 2010

Blood test Monday

Today I went for my usual mid-treatment blood test. I have the test at my local doctor rather than driving for 45 minutes to Dr. Hema's office in Big City for a two minute test...and then 45 minutes back home.

Nurse K who runs the lab is so nice and so kind that it is almost a pleasure to be stuck and probed yet again. I have had some trouble getting the nice kids who man the telephones to realize that it is indeed acceptable to bring in an order from Dr. Hema to be carried out there. A firm but polite letter of complaint to my local doctor seems to have corrected my difficulties.

At my last visit with Dr. Hema, he said that my hemoglobin number was being held down a bit by the effects of the fludarabine; I expect that my plateaued number will continue. The main purpose of the tests is to be certain that my immune system has not declined due to the effects of the fludarabine. I have avoided crowds, stayed washed up and I feel pretty confident that I am healthier than I have been in many years.

Now if I can just get a clear report from Dr. Hema!

2 comments:

  1. BILL: Here's wishing you a TOTALLY CLEAR REPORT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are also praying for an excellent report!!!! A totally clear report is our choice as well and would certainly warrant a BIG CELEBRATION!!!!!

    Love you bunches!

    Meemaw & Hubby

    ReplyDelete