Monday, August 3, 2009

Consult with Dr. Cardio

I called Dr. Cardio's nurse and described the interaction between the Rituxan infusion and my cardiac arrhythmia. She said she would confer with the doctor and call me back. When she did, she said Dr. Cardio said I should take an extra dose of one of my medications and take it if needed. She also said they wanted to put a monitor on me and schedule me for an echocardiogram. They may not get the echo on the schedule, but I am getting the monitor tomorrow at 10:00 am.

I should be quite a sight with an intravenous, a heart monitor and a blood pressure cuff! Can't the doctors figure out 3-4 more things to attach??? Oops! I must be careful what I wish for!

Today, I feel better, maybe 8.5 on a scale of 10. I have had no heart issues and my temperature is largely normal. My appetite is returning, although I'm not quite ready to face a greasy sausage and mushroom pizza!

I hope that the worst of my symptoms are behind me. We shall see Wednesday and beyond.

No comments:

Post a Comment