Thursday, September 24, 2009

Day 2

This is the second and final day, of infusion #4, also the final, hopefully for many years to come. So, far, there has been no drama like yesterday. It's just a long, boring day, but a day I have been looking forward to for a long time; that is, the last day.

History tells me to expect ten days or so of post-infusion symptoms. Then I should be at least as well as I was before this all started. Since my B12 is now normal and my hemoglobin is creeping towards normal, I hope my health overall is improving, and that I may feel even better than before!

Lunch time is a hoot. Some spouses/significant others buzz on over to the local fast-food place and come back with greasy cholesterol-laden food for two, probably not ideal for a cancer patient. Some just don't eat, probably also not ideal. Some graze the provided baskets of cookies and crackers. Mrs. Over-achiever, my adorable wife, brings a fairly larger cooler with sandwiches, chips, bananas, drinks and other treats. We get looks, like, why didn't we think of that.

I asked her if we could start with chips, salsa and beer and then continue on to cold shrimp and then finish up with pumpkin cake and espresso. She just narrowed her eyes and gave me a bad look; I took that to be "No."

So far, so good. More later.

No comments:

Post a Comment