Saturday, September 12, 2009

Post-infusion symptoms emerge

I had high hopes that the infusion, done slowly, over two days, along with the ibuprofen, would alleviate most or all of the symptoms I have experienced previously. Thursday and Friday I felt rather well. Today, Saturday, I have had a fever, cough, chills and flushing in my face. I have treated them with Tylenol and Benadryl. I read somewhere on the internet that ibuprofen reduces the effectiveness of my cardiac arrhythmia medications. Sure enough, I awoke this morning with a rough and irregular heartbeat. I will decline the ibuprofen until Monday, when I can consult with my professionals.

Never a dull moment!

I will endure whatever it takes to get to remission.

On a somewhat humorous note, my weight has gone up alarmingly! Before we went to Cape Cod, I weighed 158. Yesterday morning, I weighed 174.5! Dr. Hema suggests that the infusions are piped in with saline solution and that after an alarming number of visits to the bathroom to evacuate the excess, I will be back to normal; that is, scrawny. Oh, well, it was fun for a while!

No comments:

Post a Comment