Thursday, July 30, 2009

Slight complications

I didn't sleep very well last night, I got up three times to take antacids. The acid stomach has largely subsided. I feel lethargic and have therefor declared today a rest day. No walk, no photography and absolutely no items from the Honey Do list.

About 4:45 pm, I felt chills so bad that I was shivering. I put on a long-sleeved shirt and pulled up one of my adorable wife's knitted afghans. I leaned back and crossed my hands and they feel burning hot. I then asked my adorable wife to take my temperature. It took her a few minutes to actually find the old school glass thermometer and a few more minutes to shake it down below 98.6. I took the temperature and in a very few moments, it read 102.3!

We called Dr. Hema's office and, by the time we called he and Nurse K were out. Being a very busy hematologist, I suspect he needs to turn off the phones to get paperwork done and see patients in the treatment room and hospital.

I was referrerd to the on-call doctor, Dr. F. We went over my case and he said what I believed all along: there is a vicious war going on in my body. He suggested Tylenol and to wait and see how I do. He said he believes the symptoms will subside and if not, to report to the emergency room.

More later.

No comments:

Post a Comment